Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Home-made Polishes

The polishes I have made myself 
This was just pure glitter I tried. I went to Michaels and picked up a whole bunch of glitter (I went through a glitter faze). What I did was put on a base coat. Take your chosen glitter and pour it onto the nail. If spots were missed then use a clear coat in the spots and repeat. Then seal it all with a top coat to you wont leave a trail of glitter. I found this to stay on for ages. I wore it at work (which probably wasn't good since I may have left glitter in food...) but I didn't find any chipping for days, I was amazed. Tips are to get a higher quality glitter that wont bleed onto your top coat. 


This is made form the Essence brand eye shadow. The name is Happy Hour. To make this I bought suspension base, ball bearings and empty bottles. I mixed about 1/2 suspension base and 1/2 clear polish. I added 2 ball bearings and then added as much eye shadow as I wanted. The eye shadow should be finely chopped up so not to become clumpy. As well as use a paper funnel or it will get messy quick. For next time I make some though I think I will do the whole thing suspension base since I find that the pigment does settle quite thickly at the bottom of the bottle. So unless you choose a dark pigment the polish will come out very sheer. This is a good way to use up old eye shadows that you don't use anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment