Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Essie Polishes

My Essie Polishes (they have the most beautiful pastels)

 This is one of Essie's Magnetic polishes. It's called Crocadilly. I really like this colour and I was really interested in trying a magnetic polish. As my first try I found that since the magnet is flat and a nail is rounded I had to do it as 2 or 3 parts. It works by (and the directions on the label say) that to paint one thin coat on all the nails. Then to paint a think coat on a nail and right away holding the magnet over it as close as possible. So what I found was the top part of my nail would change but then I would go to do the sides and it would be too dry so I would have to add more paint. It was a pain in the butt but I made it work and it looks really cool when done :) The green had a shine and it didn't streak.


Essie Shake Your $$ Maker. This is a beautiful green but it needs quite a few layers and it turns out matte. I don't like matte because I enjoy the look of shiny nails. But Mattes do have uses in nail art.

Essie Meet Me At Sunset. A dark orange/red. It has good coverage (not sheer), it doesn't streak and has a shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment