Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

So Easter has come again. Long weekends all around :)
I am so close to finishing. I have one more exam on Thursday then SUMMER! Wooo... Doesn't that sound wonderful? Although the forecast has rain scheduled for the next week. Bummer.

So I did some bright Easter nail art :) My friend wouldn't let me do anything to her nails since she says they are too short to do anything. All she let me do was paint them with one colour. How boring...haha she chose a mint green that matched her sweater perfectly. So she kept picking all these wonderful bright pastels that fit super well for Easter.

Ugh I have a cold right now. If my English/grammar who knows is weird it's because my dad recommended hot water with cinnamon whisky and honey for my throat and Tylonal for my headache so my brain is non-functional with drugs and sleepiness, thank goodness for spell checks ;)


So first I put Maybelline Iced Queen on my pointer finger, Maybelline Fierce N Tangy on my thumb and pinky, Nicole by OPI I Shop Mintage (this is the one my friend chose to wear) on my middle finger and Finger Paints Brushstroke Blush on my ring finger.


I then made my thumb into a chick and an egg with OPI Alpine Snow, Maybelline Sweet Clementine, Sally Hansen Black Out, I did the egg shell with diagonal brush stokes and then touched it up with a small paint bush. The beak was done with a paintbrush and the eyes were done with different sized dotting tools. My ring finger became a bunny :3 I made a semi-circle with OPI Alpine Snow and made ears with a dotting tool. The eyes and nose were Sally Hansen's Black Out done with a dotting tool with the mouth and wishers a paintbrush. The tongue and ears were more Brushstroke blush done with a dotting tool. I then did alternating colours from the base of my ring, middle and pinky fingers for the eggs. The chevrons were done with a paintbrush. I then finished with Seche Vite for my top coat.

After my friends and I of course had to colour eggs because whats Easter if not having fun colouring eggs?? So I colour eggs every year but my two besties don't so I pulled out all this stuff and they just looked at me wide eyed as I gave them ides on what everything was for. I pulled out electrical tape, stickers, crayons, and elastics to have fun with. Here are our wonderful creations. Near the end we added oil to the colours for a marbled look. 
If you are new to colouring eggs and aren't sure how to dye them here is the recipe I use
1/2 cup (125 mL) hot water
1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar
as much food colouring as makes you happy


done with elastics

done by spooning the dye on

electrical tape

electrical tape and stickers

elastics, stickers and spooning on dye

marbled

marbled

marbled

marbled

marpled

electrical tape and stickers

My friend then decided to experiment.
added drops of all colours into the oil

spooned the water onto the egg

water got mixed and turned not pretty...lol

It turned out super awesome. She calls it her jaw breaker egg

So I hope you all had an awesome long weekend and got to have awesome family dinners and lots of chocolate :)





No comments:

Post a Comment