Thursday, June 06, 2013

1st Post

Hello.

I LOVE doing my nails and I love having long nails, but sadly I work at a Safeway Deli which involves cleaning with chemicals as well as doing dishes and using my hands, so polish doesn't last long, nor do my nails stay as long as I would like :( . But all that means is I get to redo my nails more often :)

So within the past year and a half I have slowly amassed quite a few nail polishes.

Slowly I have been painting my nails with each of these, as well as doing many designs.

So because of my job as well as I swim often so polish doesn't last long so I cannot comment on how long the polish stays without chipping.

So my tips for the longest lasting manicure are...
  • Use rubbing alcohol to clean your nail of any grease so that the base coat will stick to the nail better
  • Use a base coat. The base coat is for nail protection (avoids discoloration) as well as it is to help adhere the polish to the nail.
  • The thicker the coat of polish the more likely it will chip since it makes the nail all that much thicker
  • Use a top coat and reapply it as needed
So I read up and it turn out that base coats and top coats are different. Base coats protect the natural nail and adhere the polish to the nail the best. Top coats are for protection, they provide a thicker coat than base. What I don't know is how the 2-in-1 base and top coats work. I use them but I don't know how well they are compared to the individuals.



No comments:

Post a Comment