Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Striping Tape Design

I recently bought some coloured tapes and I wanted to try them out.
I had a set of 10 different colours and I already had green nails so unless I wanted my nails to look Christmasy, white was the best option for me to try. 







It's pretty easy to see what I did but here it goes
-2 verticle strips along one side then, 
-2 horizontal strip across the tip of the nail.
This was my first time using tape so I am still learning. I have learnt that I need smaller thinner scissors than just kitchen scissors. I couldn't always get very close. I gave up trying to use scissors on the tiny ends and used nail clippers but I ran the risk of cutting part of my nail.
I also used a top coat to help the tape stick on.

Of course if you didn't feel like making sure the tape fit correctly you can always paint a white coat on the bottom than once dry place your tape on pressing to the edges. Then paint a green on top taking off the tape in the reverse order you put them on.

As you can see I redid the design on a nail wheel. I kept reading how the nails are too close on the wheels so I taped the sides beside the one I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment